Tuesday, January 31, 2012

R e l a x . . .

     Today started out as just one of those days; one of those days where you wake up tempted to be irritable for no apparent reason. Feeling sorry for my poor roommates, I fought all morning to try and stay positive and patient. Thankfully, I only had two classes this morning and wasn't scheduled to work, therefore, I had the whole afternoon to myself to take a breather and just relax. After some good, old me time, I felt so much better! When irritable, under pressure, stressed, or something of the sort, here are some of my favorite ways to relax:

  • Journal/Pray
  • Listen to music (Can't get enough of this song right now!)
  • Workout/Go for a good, long run
  • Call/talk to an encouraging friend
  • Be productive! - I like to make lists, (partly just because I love the proud, accomplished feeling of crossing things off as I finish them) so today I made a big to-do list, which was so helpful in truly focusing on what my priorities for the day were.
    • Get homework done
    • Clean room and get rid of the stuff I don't wear or use anymore
    • Do laundry, dishes, etc.
  • Take a nap
  • Drink some tea
  • Take a long, hot shower
  • Take my dog for a walk
  • Read a good book or some Psalms
  • Paint my nails
If you're feeling burned out or extra sassy today, take some time to just breathe and de-stress. You and those around you will be happy you did. :) If you know of any other great ways to relax that aren't listed, feel free to comment and share. Be blessed today.

My little Toby relaxing on a beautiful, Spring day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment