Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Roller Coaster Life

image source   
     Life... what a roller coaster it can be; a wild ride that often takes twists and turns without any warning to its passengers. Recently i've been overwhelmed with a heavy family situation, a mountainous amount of schoolwork as my freshmen year comes to a close, and far more hours scheduled at work than my body can physically handle, resulting in sickness. As you can probably tell, unfortunately time to blog has been far in few in-between lately.
     Although, I'm holding on to my lap bar. My "life roller coaster" has taken an unexpected, undesired turn, but there's no way I'm jumping off. I am thankful for all of my fellow passengers that have comforted me along the way - friends, professors, and leaders who have encouraged, prayed with, and just been there for me. I recently read a quote from John Piper, pastor of Bethlehem Baptist Church in Minneapolis, MN, "I have never known a season of joy unmixed with sorrow or sorrow unmixed with joy. The former comes. The latter passes away." As times of sorrow end, times of joy begin. At the end of this life twist, there will come a time when the track straightens out once again. Though I will not be the same as I was before, no, my hair may be out of place, but as I sit back, now able to see more of the entire ride instead of a single twist, I have a greater appreciation and understanding for the twist and the current time of peace. From my experience, I will have greater trust in the ride operator (the Lord), as another twist approaches. It too will come to an end and I will become a wiser, stronger rider (tool for the Lord to use) because of it.

2 comments:

  1. I love this...it is such a great visual to remember. And I love that Piper quote. Thanks for expanding on that...wise words. I am so impressed by you. You're on a crazy coaster right now that seems a bit too intense. Hopefully this summer the ride will slow down a bit so you have time to process, reflect and heal. Love your writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becca, I am continually blessed by you - your wise, often witty words and joyful spirit! I'm so thankful God has placed such a great woman in my life to look up to. Thank you for your encouragement - I agree! :)

      Delete