Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Fear(less)

image source
     Fear; it inhibits us, deters us from saying and doing things, too often restricts us from all life has to offer. I've been thinking a lot about fear lately and how much power I give it over my heart and life.
"How much differently would you live your life if you lived without any fear?"
     I haven't been able to get that question out of mind over the past week. If a vacuum were to suck up all the fear and emotions that are results of fear within me, I would live so much more freely. I would step out and speak more life into individuals. I would never let a chance to share the love of God pass by again. I wouldn't give my appearance/what others think a negative second thought. I wouldn't worry or be jealous. I would have such a peace about every aspect of my life... family, friends, financial, my future... I could go on and on! A life without fear sounds incredible and that is what I'm striving for. 1 John 4:18 says, "There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love." In order to live lives absent of fear, we must live lives overflowing with love.

1 comment:

  1. You are precious Amanda. I am really enjoying your blog :)

    ReplyDelete