Monday, December 26, 2011

Hungry.

To be honest with you right now, it's hard to focus on anything, let alone writing, because I am so hungry. My tummy is rumbling and begging for something substantial, something other than the immense amount of candy and delicious, sugary treats I've devoured during Christmas celebrations over the past couple days. As I sat here in my comfy bed, contemplating whether to go make something to eat before writing or not, I thought about my spirit's own hunger for the Lord. As you all know, our bodies need food. If we don't nourish our bodies, we can ultimately starve to death. [ Hunger - Nourishment = Death ] Similar to the way in which our bodies crave food, our spirits crave God. I have found that when I don't spend daily time reading the Word, praying/talking with God, or journaling, it is so much harder to treat others and act in a Christ-like fashion. Temptation is much stronger, because my spirit is weak; it is hungry. Are you struggling to overcome temptation, to live above sin, to see things and people for a Godly perspective? These are signs that your spirit may be starving. Just as our bodies are capable of starving to death, so are our spirits. To stay spiritually healthy, one must nourish their spirit daily with substantial "food" - [ the Word / prayer / writing / worship / etc. ].



spiritual nourishment

noun
 : MORE SATISFYING THAN CHIPOTLE
[ SERIOUSLY ]

No comments:

Post a Comment