Tuesday, December 13, 2011

His Love is More Than Enough.

Why do we so often long for affirmation from others? Our flesh desires to be told that we are "enough" and accepted by others. At times I feel as though I'm a bobble head; my head bouncing back and forth, turning every which way, anxious in so many areas of my life. I just need to stop. God calls me to turn straight ahead, look to Him with confidence, and march onward. Why seek affirmation from the world and its material, wearing-away standards when the almighty creator of the universe tells me that I am lovely, I am beautiful, I am more than enough, I am perfect?

"You are altogether beautiful, my love, there is no flaw in you" (Song of Solomon 4:7). 

When we remove the worldly shield from our eyes and the way we think, allowing biblical truth to enter in, only then will we be truly satisfied and at peace with ourselves. He is a jealous God who longs for our attention and devotion. At times we are tempted to be jealous of those close to us/loved ones, whether it be of their time, words, or attention, think about this... how much more jealous is God for us, the one who sent His very own son to die for us? When's the last time you've spent quality time with and given your full attention to your first, true love? There is no love or acceptance that will ever come close to His.

1 comment: